We seek a Business Administrator to join our dynamic and ever-growing team. As an experienced Business Administrator with Arcadian Project, you will work with an established AP Energy Team. You will have the opportunity to support projects within multiple sectors, including industrial, commercial and residential. Previous experience in customer service and experience working within the solar and/or utilities space is preferred.
Essential Functions of the Position:
As a Business Administrator, you will be responsible for the administration and coordination of full energy project life-cycles, including:
- Assisting in the timely completion/submission of Utility applications to obtain connection approvals for solar projects.
- Preparation and submission of building permit applications to municipalities by following the required standards and processes.
- Frequent customer communication with updates and to collect the required information.
- Liaise with design and construction teams to determine project status and issues.
- Timely follow-ups with internal and external stakeholders to expedite project timelines.
- Requisition and submission of grid connection and building permit information and payments.
- Stay on top of daily tasks, prioritize critical workflows, and monitor project pipelines to ensure tasks are completed within targeted timelines.
- Communicate and coordinate with design and construction teams to facilitate the successful completion of projects.
- Coordinate with the design team for timely approval of construction packages.
- Identify and report bottlenecks in day-to-day operations to the project manager.
- Request material quotes from approved vendors and compile pricing for purchasing.
- Assist in planning and sequencing of project schedules.
- Communicate with Utilities for timely scheduling of grid connection.
- Communicate with building departments for timely submission of permit closeout documents.
- Work with the team to ensure all relevant information is communicated to different parties involved.
- Attend meetings with project managers, project stakeholders, and field staff to inform project issues and share customer feedback.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and company policies.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- A university or college degree in a relevant field or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum three years of business administration experience.
- Previous experience in customer service roles, with a strong focus on client satisfaction.
Skills and Experience
- Prior working experience with regulatory departments such as utilities, municipalities etc. is a great asset.
- Being detail-oriented and self-motivated is a requirement for this position.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Good problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Able to demonstrate appropriate and effective interpersonal skills with peers, partners, and public as well as clients and co-workers.
- Experience in material & equipment ordering & procurement.
- Ability to interpret & meet project schedules.
- Ability to effectively coordinate work activities with client.
- Candidates with excellent communication skills are preferred.
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat software.
Physical Capabilities/Work Environment
Physical and Sensory Demands: Office: Minimal demands; typical of a position operating within an office environment; periods of extensive sitting at a desk and in meetings and concentrated use of visual and auditory senses; substantial repetitive keyboard/mouse movement; high sensory demands because of required concentration and attentiveness to detail and regular distractions and interruptions.
Working Environment: Office: Much of the time is spent sitting comfortably with frequent opportunities to move about. The office is located in a comfortable indoor area, and options for hybrid workstations are available for this position. Candidates must be able to climb stairs.
- Competitive commensurate with experience
- A full company-paid benefits package
- Vehicle mileage when applicable
- Group RRSP plan with company matching
- Real opportunities for growth, development and advancement
- Fun and social work environment/events
- An open and collaborative work environment