- Are you a certified, experienced Electrical Estimator looking to work with a dynamic and ever-growing team?
- Do you enjoy project variety and the opportunity to work on projects that help make a difference to the betterment of our environment?
- Are you looking for opportunities for advancement or to learn new skills?
- Are you a team player that aligns with Arcadian company values?
- Are you looking for a work environment that empowers and engages team members?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, Arcadian Projects is the place for you!
As an Electrical Estimator, you will coordinate with clients, subcontractors, and suppliers and leverage your construction industry knowledge to accurately develop completive bids to win projects.
To truly excel in this role, you can partner and communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders to gather information to plan the job, evaluate risk and put out a profitable bid. As an experienced Estimator, you understand that you are often required to work within tight timelines and manage multiple priorities. You will have the opportunity to work within multiple sectors including industrial, commercial and energy sectors, and work on a variety of different project types.
Functions of the Position
As an Electrical Estimator, you will be asked to do the following:
- Review and understand job specifications and drawings and follow through with the estimating process to develop competitive bids.
- Conduct site/tender walkthrough to cross reference drawings to avoid site interferences and identify proactive solutions.
- Produce material and labour take-off through to develop accurate quotations.
- Communicate with clients to gather information, and clarify specifications, wording, etc.
- Coordinate with subcontractors and suppliers to obtain pricing to include within the final quotation provided to the client.
- Participate in closing the bid including bid review meetings, etc.
- Contract review and closing.
- Participate in handover meetings with the Project Management team after the awarding of projects.
- Post Secondary diploma in electrical / construction technology or other relevant fields.
- Certified Construction Estimator or Gold Seal Estimating is considered an asset.
- Minimum three (3) years of Estimating experience within the electrical construction industry
- Knowledge of McCormick estimating software
- Exceptional organizational Skills
- Good knowledge of sub-trades
- Good familiarity with MS Excel, Word
- Experience within the energy market is beneficial
- Ability to collaborate with others and/or work independently
- Believes, promotes and adheres to safe work practices, and complies with all applicable legislative health and safety policies and procedures
- Highly reliable and dedicated to continuous improvement with proven leadership abilities
- Able to demonstrate appropriate and effective interpersonal skills with peers, partners, and the public as well as clients and co-workers.
Physical Capabilities/Work Environment
Physical Capabilities: Minimal demands, typical of a position operating within an office environment; periods of extensive sitting at a desk and in meetings and concentrated use of visual senses; substantial repetitive keyboard/mouse movement; high sensory demands because of required concentration and attentiveness to detail and regular distractions and interruptions.
You will be required to conduct site walk-throughs when necessary.
Working Environment: Much of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunities to move about. The office is located in a comfortable indoor area and options for hybrid workstations are available for this position.
- A competitive salary package commensurate with experience
- A full company-paid benefits package
- Vehicle mileage when applicable
- Group RRSP plan with company matching
- Real opportunities for growth, development and advancement
- Fun and social work environment/events
- An open and collaborative work environment