ELECTRICAL PROJECT MANAGER
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Project Manager to join our team of professionals. The successful candidate will have comprehensive knowledge of managing medium to large commercial and industrial projects. Previous experience within the Industrial/Renewable/Commercial markets is considered an asset.
The Electrical Project Manager will focus on overseeing and leading all aspects related to the field projects to ensure all milestones are completed within the established budget and timelines. To truly excel in this role, you can partner and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to gather information to plan the job, evaluate risk and execute a profitable project. As an experienced Project Manager, you understand that you are often required to work within tight timelines and manage multiple priorities.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Review and understand job specifications and drawings and follow through with estimating process to develop competitive bids.
- Conduct site/tender walkthrough to cross reference drawings to avoid site interferences and identify proactive solutions.
- Manage the development of design-build solutions to solve specific customer challenges or operational requirements.
- Produce material and labour take-off through to develop accurate quotations.
- Communicate with clients to gather information, and clarify specifications, wording, etc.
- Coordinate with subcontractors and suppliers to obtain pricing to include within the final quotation provided to the client.
- Participate in closing the bid, including bid review meetings, etc.
- Upon notice of award, complete a thorough Contract review and closing.
- Participate in handover meetings with the Project Estimating Team after the award.
- Gather information from bid documents to produce project plans using MS Project and maintain the plans for the life of the project.
- Manage field labour capacity through the master schedule to ensure no excess overhead.
- Attend all required site meetings, process change notices, and communicate changes.
- Establish and manage positive working relationships will all key internal and external stakeholders to ensure projects are always on-track and on budget.
- Issue contracts and purchase orders as required.
- Manage all documentation pertaining to the project.
- Ensure health and safety practices are adhered to.
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations for project planning, strategy and management.
- Supervising field staff to meet project goals and performance expectations.
- Provide monthly status reports regarding cost forecast, schedule, and cash flows.
- Manage change orders when the scope of work changes.
- Maintain project budgets and reconcile actual expenditures against the budget.
- Ensure all changes to the project scope are properly documented.
- Prepare and submit monthly progress applications.
- Work with the accounting department to ensure project accounting is accurate and timely.
- Identify and source resolutions for project roadblocks.
- Review all updated schematics, blueprints, and drawings and collaborate to appropriate staff.
- Mentor junior Project Managers, Coordinators, and Field staff as required.
- Effectively coordinate/plan small jobs with service department.
- Review/approve T&M billings.
- Follow up with customer on payments when required.
- Manage annual trade rates for defined customer list.
- Meet with clients on a regular basis in order to fulfill existing & future needs.
- Prospect and cover the entire assigned territory in order to identify sales.
- Update information (sites, projects, subcontractors, etc.) in our CRM system.
- College Diploma or Certificate in Construction Technology/Construction Project Management.
- 5+ years of Project Management experience within the electrical construction industry.
- CET or PMP, or trade licence is considered an asset.
Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Minimum five (5) years of Project Management experience within the electrical construction industry.
- Electrical Engineering degree, CET or related education and/or trade experience.
- Read/interpret electrical schematics and troubleshoot electrical problems on power systems and industrial machinery on an emergency basis.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Project, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with CRM management.
- Experience with Jonas accounting software.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly develop professional relationships.
- Good knowledge of sub-trades.
- Communicates effectively
- Customer focused
- Holds self and others accountable
- Problem-solving and innovativeness
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Values and respects others
- Coaches and develops
- Maximizes business performance and team effectiveness
- Strategic perspective
Physical Capabilities/Work Environment
- Physical and Sensory Demands: Medium demands, typical of a position operating within an office environment; periods of extensive sitting at a desk and in meetings and concentrated use of visual senses; substantial repetitive keyboard/mouse movement; high sensory demands because of required concentration and attentiveness to detail and regular distractions and interruptions. High sensory demand when visiting job sites due to equipment and vehicles in operation.
- Working Environment: Much of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunities to move about. The office is located in a comfortable indoor area, and options for hybrid work are available for this position. The offsite environment can include job sites and client offices.
- A competitive salary package commensurate with experience
- A full company-paid benefits package
- Employee vehicle or vehicle allowance.
- Group RRSP plan with company matching
- Real opportunities for growth, development and advancement
- Fun and social work environment/events
- An open and collaborative work environment