MAINTENANCE MILLWRIGHT JOURNEY PERSON
- Are you an experienced Millwright Journey Person looking to work with a dynamic and ever-growing team?
- Do you enjoy project variety and the opportunity to work on projects that help make a difference to the betterment of our environment?
- Are you looking for opportunities for advancement or to learn new skills?
- Are you a team player that aligns with Arcadian company values?
- Are you looking for a work environment that empowers and engages team members?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, Arcadian Projects is the place for you!
As Maintenance Millwright with Arcadian Project, you will report to the Industrial Manager, work alongside other experienced trades and have the opportunity to mentor apprentices. You will have the opportunity to work within multiple sectors including industrial, commercial and energy sectors, and work on a variety of different project types.
Salary to commensurate with experience.
$36.70 – $44.00 per hour.
- Candidates must have a valid 433A certificate of qualifications registered with the Ontario College of Trades.
- CWB Welding certificate is considered an asset.
Essential Functions of the Position
As a qualified Millwright, you will be responsible for the operation, assembly/disassembly, alignment, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair industrial and commercial equipment, construction of foundations, operation of hoisting and lifting equipment, and reading of blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Safe crane hoisting and rigging practices.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Service, clean and perform preventative maintenance.
- Self-motivated individual.
- Ability to both collaborate with others and work independently.
- Believes, promotes and adheres to safe work practices and complies with all applicable legislative health and safety policies and procedures.
- Highly reliable and dedicated to continuous improvement with proven leadership abilities.
- Good housekeeping process to ensure that work areas are clean of debris and hazards at all times.
- Punctual disposition.
- Able to demonstrate appropriate and effective interpersonal skills with peers, partners, the public, clients, and co-workers.
- Carry out a variety of tasks to support company trade services.
- Strong problem-solving skills in all areas of the business.
- Ability to interpret and meet job schedules.
- Ability to effectively co-ordinate work activities.
Physical and Sensory Demands:
This position is physically demanding. Millwrights must frequently be able to:
- Lift 50lbs
- Stand for long periods
- Use their hands to control, handle and feel objects, tools and controls
- Twist and bend their body
- Conduct repeat movements
- kneel, stoop, crouch or crawl
- Climb ladders, scaffolds or poles.
Much of the time is spent in movement, elevated, in small spaces and/or large open spaces, with other equipment in operation around the working space. Work environments may be dirty, loud, or outdoors in various types of weather.
- A competitive salary package commensurate with experience.
- A full company-paid benefits package.
- Vehicle mileage when applicable.
- Group RRSP plan with company matching.
- Real opportunities for growth, development and advancement.
- Fun and social work environment/events.
- An open and collaborative work environment.