SOLAR SERVICE ELECTRICIAN
- Are you a licensed and experienced Solar Service Electrician looking to work with a dynamic and ever-growing team?
- Do you enjoy project variety and the opportunity to work on projects that help make a difference to the betterment of our environment?
- Are you looking for opportunities for advancement or to learn new skills?
- Are you a team player that aligns with Arcadian company values?
- Are you looking for a work environment that empowers and engages team members?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, Arcadian Projects is the place for you!
As a Solar Service Electrician with Arcadian Projects, you will report to the Energy Manager. You will be responsible for the service and maintenance of different types of solar systems under contract with Arcadian Projects, including groundmount, pitched rooftop, flat rooftop and tracker systems.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Assess and troubleshoot solar photovoltaic (PV) systems, including solar modules, inverters, DC and AC distribution, and service equipment.
- Repair and replace solar PV and electrical components as necessary.
- Complete preventative maintenance as prescribed.
- Assess solar system production to ensure maximum output.
- Procurement of replacement parts as necessary.
- Plan and schedule maintenance with customers.
- Keep accurate records of material used and proper documentation on work orders relating to the installation.
- Provide excellent customer service to a variety of clients, including agricultural, commercial, municipal and residential.
- 309A certificate of qualifications, registered with the Ontario College of Trades
- A minimum of two years of licensed work experience is required.
- Preferred minimum of two years of experience building/servicing solar PV on a variety of designs.
- Methodical and efficient troubleshooting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Use critical thinking skills and adapt to challenges that may arise during installations.
- Willingness to learn new installation techniques and solutions.
Physical Capabilities/Work Environment
Physical Capabilities: This is a physically demanding position. Electricians must be able to:
- Lift 50lbs
- Stand or crouch for long periods
- Have full dexterity: Use their hands to control, handle and feel objects, tools and controls
- Must be physically able to safely handle tools and materials such as: ladders, inverters, solar panels, panel boards, and other similar electrical equipment, lumber, roofing materials, etc.
Working Environment: Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, attic etc.) Capable of working at heights, including on rooftops, man lifts, climbing ladders and stairs, and performing repetitious duties, including lifting, bending and standing for long periods of time.
Salary to commensurate with experience
$40.00 -$50.00 per hour
- A competitive salary package commensurate with experience
- A full company-paid benefits package
- Vehicle mileage when applicable
- Group RRSP plan with company matching
- Real opportunities for growth, development and advancement
- Fun and social work environment/events
- An open and collaborative work environment