We are seeking experienced Solar Technicians/Installers to join our dynamic and ever-growing team. The position reports to the Manager of the Energy Group and will be responsible for the installation of solar racking and modules, interconnection of residential and commercial solar PV systems on various roof types and the service of solar systems.
Arcadian is looking for experienced individuals with helpful dispositions who are willing to learn and grow as the position requires and aligns with our company mission and shared values.
Salary to commensurate with experience.
$20.52 – $22.57
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Assemble solar modules, panels, or support structures, as specified by system designers.
- Assemble rooftop equipment and properly seal all roof penetrations on various roof types
- Perform system service and maintenance.
- Perform trenching, concrete work and equipment assembly as required.
- Interface with Foreman and Project Manager to ensure compliance with system design and necessary codes.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience to all customers throughout the process
- Additional duties required as needed.
- Keep accurate records of material used and proper documentation on work orders relating to the installation
- Fall protection
- Working at Heights
Skills and Experience
- Preferred minimum two years experience building/servicing solar PV on a variety of rooftop designs.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Use Critical thinking skills and adapt to challenges that may arise during installations.
- Willingness to learn new installation techniques and solutions
Physical Capabilities/Work Environment
- Physical and Sensory Demands: Must be physically able to safely handle tools and materials such as: ladders, inverters, solar panels, panel boards, and other similar electrical equipment, lumber, roofing materials, etc.
- Working Environment: Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, attic etc.) Capable of working at heights including on rooftops, man lifts, climbing ladders and stairs; and performing repetitious duties, including lifting, bending and standing for long periods of time.
- A competitive salary package commensurate with experience
- A full company-paid benefits package
- Vehicle mileage when applicable
- Group RRSP plan with company matching
- Real opportunities for growth, development and advancement
- Fun and social work environment/events
- An open and collaborative work environment